In the past we’ve built businesses and organisations to last. We were afraid. We needed predictability to feel safe.Now we have the confidence to grow businesses that offer less safety yet more creativity, serendipity and fun.
- We foster the surprisability of organisations: Our ability to grow from surprises, to rise strong from falling. This allows us to be daring and brave. Which in turn fosters: Our ability to surprise markets, our customers, our partners, our competitors.
- We’ve learned to surf the waves of complexity, to steer our ship safely through the storms. Now we are the storm, we’re causing the waves.
- A clear sense of identity (we know who we are).
- A clear sense of purpose (we know what we want).
- Freedom. we are powerful beings, able to make good decisions.
- Agility. challenging how we do things by focusing on why we do them.
- Presence. letting go of anger and guilt from the past and anxiety of the future.
- Courage in the face of uncertainty and ambiguity.